Access to reliable and affordable energy: Project has net positive impact on Environment
Nectar produces 18MW electricity through cogeneration which has a net positive impact on both environment and quality of life of the local population. It is a zero discharge & eco friendly facility. This reduces energy bill, has minimum transmission, distribution losses & has no burden on government power generation and ensure 24 hrs uninterrupted power supply for our company.
Improving energy efficiency is a strategic goal at NLL. Not only it has helped NLL to reduce overall manufacturing cost but also has helped to reduce environmental emissions thereby establishing a strong foundation for a corporate green house gas management programme. In order to achieve this dual mission of reducing environmental emissions & cost reducing, NLL started its capative power plant also called as NecLife biomass cogeneration Project.
This agro-based captive power generation plant runs on husk and can be switched over 10 other feed stocks if the need be like coal, wood chips, saw dust and leaf cuttings.
- Carbon dioxide released during combustion process sink to sequester greenhouse gas with replanting and oxygen.
- Using biomass helps to cut in waste volumes accumulating in municipal waste stream locations.
- Combustion does not add to carbon cycle in the unsustainable way.
- Lower primary energy consumption.
- Reduced energy bill.
- Minimum transmission & distribution losses.
- No burden on govt. power generation.
- No environmental pollution.
NLL’s EHS (Environment Health & Safety Cell) strictly adheres to the US Environmental Protection Agency’s principles of green chemistry to comply & fulfill inhouse mandatory guidelines which are as Follows:
- Prevent waste.
- Design safety products.
- Implement less hazardous chemical process.
- Use renewable feedstocks.
- Employ catalysts instead of stoichiometric reagents.
- Avoid chemical derivates.
- Reduce solvent use or use safer solvents and reaction conditions.
- Improve energy efficiency.
- Design biodegradability.
- Analyse in real time to prevent pollution.
- Minimise accidents.
- Recover all elements.